Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She brings tears to my eyes!

Lily is a very sweet little girl.

She is generally happy and loves to laugh, she gets upset when other people are sad and likes to make them feel better- she is very aware of people's feelings, which amazes me at her age!

Lately she has done a few things that have brought tears to my eyes and she thinks I am sad, but I have to explain they are happy tears!

First, a few weeks ago I sneezed, and out of no where she ran over to me and said "Mommy Bless you". It caught me off guard because I never expected it from her, brought tears to my eyes!

Second, tonight I was laying in bed with Lily and we were talking about her morning at school today, her upcoming birthday and her birthday party. Then we were silent for a few minutes just laying there. All of the sudden she clapped her hands together and said "Mommy, we Pray?"... Now we are not the most religious of families, but we recently started attending mass again... But I have only said bedtime prayers with her once or twice. So, tonight we prayed. When it came to the part where we said "God Bless..." She listed almost every person, dog and fish we know, and even Dora, Diego and Boots were included. She was so genuine and concerned that she remembered everyone- it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen... Brought tears to my eyes.

I love my baby girl so much and can't believe she is going to be 2 next week!

No comments: