Monday, January 4, 2010

On our way to potty trained!!

We weren't trying to potty train Lily, but she gets the whole concept, so we are going with it!

She went 5 times on the potty today!!! She has gone poop everyday for the last 3 days on it as well. Tonight she even grunted and cried so I asked her if she wanted to go on the potty and she reached for me- so up we went to her potty and sure enough she started grunting and she pooped almost right away!!

She gets so excited and laughs and claps when she goes!! We cheer and sing for her and she gets the biggest, cutest grin ever!! I love it!!

I am so proud of her, way to go Lily!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

1 comment:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Hey, it's I am still learning the private blog thing. Unless I click on your blog it doesn't show updates anymore, so sorry for the absence. So, Lily is potty training....way to go Lily. Zoe was showing interest too so we bought the potty and the pull ups. The bad thing is we work during the week so we aren't there to work with her like we should. To be honest I don't even know what I am doing. When we get home at night I sit her on the potty and on the weekends we wear the pull ups but she still hasn't grasped the concept of going tee tee in the potty yet, she is yet to do it. She's got the tp and wiping thing down as well as she likes to flush the toilet and wash her hands but no actual tee tee or poo poo in the potty yet. Any suggestions? She use to say potty, all the time so I would take her to the potty but now she rarely mentions it, I am afraid she is losing interest. She will grab her diaper and say tee or poo poo but only after she has gone in her diaper.
Congrats to big girl Lily and to good potty training by Mommy and Daddy!!